1. Fees payable by the Pet Owner
1.1 The Pet Owner will pay the Practice a Monthly Fee as state for the services listed in 2. below.
1.2 Payments will be taken by Direct Debit, through Smart Debit Ltd, who administer the direct debit facility on behalf of the Practice.
1.3 The first payment may be taken up to 2 months after the date of this Agreement due to administrative reasons.
1.4 All first payments will consist of a “double payment” to include payment for the first and second months.
2. Services provided by the Practice
2.1 In consideration of the fees outlined in 1.1 above, the Practice agrees to provide the services described in 2.2 below either through the Vet or by a suitably qualified partner, member of staff, deputy or locum.
2.2 The services to be provided are:
- A year’s routine parasite control
- Annual Vaccinations
- 6 monthly “healthy pet” check up with a nurse to review preventative health issues (weight, teeth, blood pressure etc.) This does not cover specific health problems
- Annual blood screen once at least 8 years old and annual urine test
- 15% off all other treatments and purchases within the practice
If you are a member of our “VIP Club”, you will also be provided free of charge with:
2.3 For the purposes of clause 2.2, 12 months will run from the Date of Commencement and each anniversary of that date. By “Consultation” we mean:
- Seeing a vet or a nurse with a medical problem
- Nail clips, anal gland emptying, health checks
- Repeat prescriptions
- Cuddle clinics
The VIP Club does not cover:
- Medication (other than flea and worm treatments as per clause 2.2)
- Surgical treatment
- Out of hours surcharges
- Consultations at vets other than Mansion Hill Veterinary Practice
2.4 The fees paid under this Agreement do not cover costs associated with treatment which has been specifically agreed to be excluded between you and your Vet, would be charged for separately.
2.5 Fair usage: We believe that clinically well animals do not need to be seen more than once every 3 months, however we understand that animals with medical problems may need to be seen more often. If we consider that you are abusing this policy then we may terminate this Agreement with immediate effect.
3. Responsibilities of the Pet Owner
3.1 You must pay the Monthly Fee. If the Direct Debit cannot be taken, then all benefits under the Plan will cease from the date is was due to be taken.
3.2 You are responsible for ensuring that you make appointments with the Practice. There will be no refunds for any “unused” services, nor can they be carried forward from one year to another.
3.3 You must keep appointments made with your Vet or pay the appropriate missed appointment fee.
4.1 Administration of this scheme is undertaken by Mansion Hill Veterinary Practice and Smart Debit Ltd. By signing this agreement you consent to these companies using the data you provide in order to complete such administration, but your personal details will not be used by them for any other reason.
4.2 Smart Debit Ltd. party to this Agreement and as such have no liability to the Pet Owner (whether in respect of negligence, breach of contract, defective or unsatisfactory treatment or otherwise) but they may rely on the provisions of this Agreement despite the terms of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
5.1 Any complaints should be made in writing to the Practice. Such complaints will be treated fairly and promptly.
6. Changes to the Plan
6.1 The Practice may change the fees payable or extent of services provided under this agreement at any time. The Pet Owner will always be given at least one month’s Notice of such changes. Under normal circumstances, fees would only be changed once each year.
6.2 Any Notice will be deemed to be valid if sent to your last known address by ordinary post, or your last known email address via email.
7. Termination of this Agreement
7.1 Either the Practice or Pet Owner can terminate this Agreement at any time, with one month’s Notice.
7.2 If Direct Debits cannot be taken from the Pet Owner, then the Pet Owner will be deemed to have terminated this Agreement.
7.3 On termination of this Agreement:
- All Services will cease immediately
- If less than 12 months have passed since the commencement of this Agreement, and termination is by the Pet Owner rather than the Practice, then the Pet Owner will be responsible for paying any difference between the amount of fees paid and the Practice’s standard costs for Services used.
- There will be no refund for any “unused” Services.
7.4 If a Pet Owner wishes to rejoin the Plan, then this is at the discretion of the Practice and may incur a charge which would be advised prior to re-joining.
8. Change of Vet
8.1 If the Pet Owner moved to a different practice, then this Agreement will terminate. This Agreement is not transferable.
8.2 This agreement only applies to goods and services supplied by Mansion Hill Vets and will not apply to services proved by other veterinary practices, e.g.Referrals, emergency treatment etc.
9. Governing Law & Jurisdiction
9.1 This Agreement is governed by and constructed in accordance with English Law and the parties hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.