Fleas are a problem for every pet owner, we often hear ‘we are treating our pet every month and still have fleas?’
There are four stages in the life cycle of a flea: egg, larva, pupa, and adult. Depending on the environmental temperature and humidity levels, the total life cycle will take anywhere from a couple weeks to many months. Optimal conditions for fleas are between 70-85°F and 70 percent humidity.
Some facts about fleas (which you may not have wanted to know…)
- A flea can lay up to 2000 eggs into your carpet
- 90% of the flea population can live in your carpet
- Centrally heated houses mean fleas can now breed all year round
- The flea can survive as a pupa in the carpet from a few days to many months
What do we recommend?
- Treat ALL your animals
- Treat the environment
- The vast majority of flea products found in supermarkets are not effective, the only products we recommend for routine flea control are:
- Seresto collar
If you need any advice or help with administrating the product then give us a call on 01295 712110